This year for his birthday/Fathers’ Day, my dad asked me to make him a bearskin rug that looked like it was from a teddy bear. (This should provide some serious insight as to how I ended up the way I did.)
I made the head first. The main part of the head (and body) is black long-pile fur. The snout (and bottom of the body) is brown fake suede. The nose and eye sockets are some weird black fake leather I had leftover from a previous project. His eyes are red x-shaped buttons.
After the head was done, I cut out the body in the fur and suede.
Then I sewed it all together. This is the finished product:
My dad loved it and keeps telling me I should make more of them to sell. I don’t know if he’s aware of how lazy I am…